Law Offices of Leon J. Frommer
800-882-9832 Offices in Valencia and Los Angeles

Who We Are

Leon J. Frommer has been licensed to practice law in California since 1977. With over... READ MORE

Dedicated Southern California Immigration Law Firm

When you immigrate, you are moving more than your body: You are moving your life, your family, and your livelihood, all in an effort to make your dream a reality.  At the Law Offices of Leon J. Frommer, we are prepared to assist you in all areas of your immigration matter, including litigation where necessary. 

Immigration and your Family

There are several ways in which your family members may immigrate to the United States, and they are all dependent on your immigrant status.

If you are a United States citizen, you may petition for the following members of your family to join you:

  • Spouse
  • Your step-children, if they are under 18 at the time of the marriage of their biological parent to the Petitioner
  • Your unmarried children, if they are under 21 years of age
  • Your children over 21 years of age
  • Your married children
  • Your parents
  • Your siblings
  • Your fiancé(e) and his or her children, if the children are under 21 years of age

If you have a green card, you are a permanent resident, and may petition for your spouse; your unmarried children under 21 years of age (F2a); and/or for unmarried children over 21 years of age (F2b).

If you obtained status as a refugee or asylee within the past 2 years, you may petition for your spouse and/or for children who are unmarried and who were under 21 at the time you applied for your asylee or refugee status.

In addition, there are special conditions that apply to military families. To learn more about these conditions and whether they apply to you, please contact our office.

Employment & Business: Your Livelihood

In order to work legally in the United States, you need permission. The permission that you need depends on the purpose for which you wish to work or do business in the United States. The time period for which you are authorized to conduct business or work depends on which category you meet:

  • Temporary Worker
  • Permanent Worker
  • Temporary visa

Transfers & Removal: The Dream is not Over

If you or a loved one have been detained and transferred, we can help. A transfer is also applicable to students who obtain a visa to study at one institution but desire to transfer to another institution for which their visa does not authorize. 

Additionally, if you overstayed your visa or have no legal status as an immigrant, the government may remove you. However, individuals in removal proceedings may apply for certain immigration benefits, which if granted, may provide relief from the proceedings.

Litigation: Fighting for You

We have helped numerous clients successfully bring mandamus suits against the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services for its delays in adjudicating a case.  You should not attempt to represent yourself in this proceeding, as there are many rules and procedures that must be followed.

Contact Us

Immigration attorney Leon Frommer has been helping individuals and families in the Los Angeles area for over three decades. Contact our office to set up your free initial consultation with Mr. Frommer.

Share This Page: