Los Angeles Civil Litigation and Immigration Law Firm
At the Law Offices of Leon J. Frommer, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide clients with legal representation in a variety of matters, including estate planning, personal injury, bankruptcy and immigration. We serve clients throughout Los Angeles and Orange County, with offices in Valencia, Van Nuys, Los Angeles, City of Orange and Palm Springs.
Estate Planning Services
It is never too early, or too late, to start planning for the future. At the Law Offices of Leon J. Frommer, we will prepare an estate plan specifically tailored to your needs and financial goals. Our services include:
Wills: Wills let you name beneficiaries to your estate, including your money, property, and other assets. In California, a will may be created in one of three ways:
- Handwritten, or holographic
- By statute
- Intestacy, or dying without a will
Drafting a valid will that will be enforced according to your wishes requires a knowledge of the law and a careful attention to detail, in order to avoid having your will declared invalid and ignored by the probate court.
Advanced Health Care Directives: Whereby you provide instructions regarding your medical care and treatment, should you ever be in a state where you are rendered incapable of making your wishes known.
Durable Power of Attorney: You may give another person authority to make financial decisions and conduct financial transactions either at a specific point in time, immediately or upon incapacity. The authority will expire upon death. The grant of the power can be general or a specific grant of authority and will allow the other person to sign documents as your designated “Power of Attorney.”
Revocable Living Trust: It is a method of distribution and management of assets upon death or disability. It allows the decedent’s assets and property to avoid the expenses and delay of Estate Administration. The trustees (usually the persons making the Trust) will own the assets of the trust, which is generally modifiable and revocable prior to the death of the maker (Trustor, Settlor or Grantor) of the Trust.
Estate Administration: If you die, and do not have a will, you are said to be “intestate,” and your estate will be administered by the State, according to law. This means that the state of California, not you, decides who will receive your property.
Mr. Frommer is pleased to meet with you and discuss your estate planning needs. Contact our office today to schedule your appointment.
Personal Injury Attorney Working for You
We aggressively pursue personal injury matters because we understand the toll your injury takes on your life, and your livelihood. We represent clients in a variety of personal injury matters, including:
- Auto, Trucking, and Motorcycle Accidents: If you have been injured in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, it is important to see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment of a doctor as soon as possible. Seeing an attorney right away is also critical to your financial recovery. The Law Offices of Leon J. Frommer have helped numerous clients receive the financial compensation they are entitled to for injuries they sustained in their accident.
- Uninsured Motorist: Not every driver in California has insurance, despite the fact that it is required by law. If you have been in accident with an uninsured motorist, you may be protected by uninsured motorist insurance or have other means to recover.
- Products Liability: If you were harmed by a product that was defectively designed or manufactured, or contained insufficient instructions or an insufficient warning, you may have a products liability case.
- Dog Bites: California law treats dog bites seriously. Liability for a dog bite may be sought by filing a lawsuit for negligence, battery, or a number of other theories. Contact our office to discuss your case.
- Third Party Liability: Third party claims are typically raised in insurance claims, including workers’ compensation, in addition to wrongful death and malpractice suits, and other civil lawsuits regarding health care services.
The Law Offices of Leon J. Frommer also provide legal counsel and representation regarding chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy. We help individuals and businesses who are overburdened with debt to make a fresh start, discharge or reorganize their debt, and save their home and other valuable assets.
Schedule your initial consultation at our Valencia, Van Nuys, Carson-Wilmington, or Palm Springs office. We look forward to meeting with you and discussing the ways in which we can help you with your legal needs.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for debt relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code.